Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm Going to Raise a Dork

There's lots of things you hope and wish for for your child. I've thought alot about this. But the most important things in this life are matters of the heart. I hope and pray that one day my child will come to know Jesus as her Savior. That she will make Him her first love early in her life. That she will make a difference in this world and have a kingdom heart. I've wondered what she will be, a doctor, a mother, a missionary even. I heard somewhere that having a child is like having your heart running around outside your body. Which is SO true. I never knew I could love someone so much until I had a child. Then I think about how much Christ loves me. And it's humbling. He gave his Son up for me. That's how much He loves me. Mind boggling, isn't it? Jonathan sent me a link the other day to a blog post. It was so good I thought I would share. It's about how we want to shelter our children as much as can, but we know they grow up so fast and you can only do this for so long. But while they're young, keep them young. They may be dorky, but I'm okay with that. You can fast forward childhood, but you sure can't rewind it. Enjoy. http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2009/09/629-raising-dorks-2/

No comments: